Current Parents


What does my child need?

We ask that you provide extra clothing, slippers, a towel and bathing suit in the summer, any item that may comfort your child, as well as appropriate clothes for all weather conditions.

Do I need to bring food for my child?

The CPE offers two snacks and a lunch (winter menu 2016-17). If your child is still on baby food then you will need to bring in their meals.

How about if my child has an allergy?

We have a nut free policy. Please alert the child’s educator of your child has any allergies. If you child has any special food requirements, please notify the center.

What programs do you offer?

We have music for all the classrooms, creative movement, gym, skating (4 year olds) and a bilingual program for four year olds. We also try to use as many resources from the university as possible.

If my child needs medication what do I need to do?

If your child requires any medication, vaseline or anything other than Tylenol 80ml, the parent needs to ensure that the item has the prescription on it or we are not permitted to give it to the child. For Tylenol, a specific protocol is to be filled in in case of high grade fever, signed, and updated every 3 months based on the weight of your child.  For prescription medication, sunscreen, zinc oxide and any other substance that may be applied to your child, you will also need to sign an authorization form. See our health protocol for more information.

When does my child need to stay home?

Please familiarize yourself with our health protocolPlease make sure your read it before your child starts at the CPE. The teachers/director will also remind you of health procedures. You will also receive emails from the office when there is a sickness that is spreading.

What if my child has to be away from the CPE for an extended period?

Our subsidy from the Ministère de la Famille et des Aînés is based on the number of days each child is present at the CPE, calculated on a yearly basis. All subsidized CPEs must maintain an average yearly occupancy rate of 88% in order to maintain funding from the Government. The higher the occupancy rate, the more advantageous it is for the center. This means that a yearly absence of more than 25-30 days per child would affect the CPEs occupancy rate drastically. If your child has been away for a health-related reason for an extended period of time, a doctor’s note for our files would be necessary.

How do I inform myself of all your rules and policies?

Please refer to our policy manual posted on our site. Please make sure you read it over before your child starts at the CPE.